For Immediate Release
Contact: Jay Owens
City Engineer/Engineering Director
(July 28, 2022, Red Wing, Minn.) – The City of Red Wing Engineering and Public Works Departments would like to inform you that there will be no parking on either side of the following streets beginning Wednesday, July 27. Parking will be restricted Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Work is expected to be completed by the end of day on August 5, weather permitting. The parking restrictions are necessary to allow for the mill and overlay project to be completed in the following areas:
- Danielson Drive
- Old Zumbrota Street
- Seventh Street from West Avenue to Plum Street
- Bush Street from W. Fifth Street to West Seventh Street
- W. Sixth Street between Plum Street and Potter Street
- W. Fifth Street between Plum Street and Bluff Street
- Bluff Street from E. Third Street to E. Seventh Street
- Green Street Alley
- Centennial Street
- Featherstone Road at 861 Featherstone Road Units.
- Pioneer Road from Bench Street to Twin Bluff Road
Parking will again be allowed as soon as the work is completed. Flaggers will be in place and drivers are encouraged to avoid this area.
City crews appreciate the cooperation and patience of neighbors, drivers and pedestrian during this inconvenience. Motorists are encouraged to stay alert and drive carefully through all work zones and to use alternate routes whenever possible. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Click here to see the 2022 Mill and Overlay Map (PDF).