For Immediate Release
December 23, 2020
Contact: Lynn Nardinger
Deputy Director - Public Works
Public Works Department
In Anticipation of Snow and Freezing Conditions, Public Works Requests Off-Street Parking Be Used when Possible to Assist in Snow Removal Efforts
The City of Red Wing Public Works Department would like to notify residents that due to the upcoming Christmas holiday, a Snow Emergency will NOT be called. However, residents and visitors are encouraged to keep their vehicles off the street so plow crews can work as efficiently as possible.
Off-street parking is available at the following locations:
- City Parking Lot at Third & Plum Streets
- City Parking Lot at Oak & Williams Street near the Museum
- City Parking Lot off Bohmbach Drive by the Athletic Field
- City Parking Area at the Tenth Street Pump Station
- Legion Parking Lot at West Fourth & Potter Streets
- City Parking Area at 321 Potter Street
- LaGrange Parking Ramp – Bush and Main Street
- Studebaker Parking Ramp – East Avenue and Main Street
- Fourth Street Parking Ramp – Fourth Street between East Avenue and Bush Street
A map of off-street city parking is available on the City’s Snow Emergency page. Residents are also encouraged to check with their neighbors for available off-street parking.
Crews will be out Wednesday afternoon and evening in anticipation of snow and freezing conditions. A small crew will remain out until approximately 8:00 pm. Crews will resume plowing at 2 a.m. Thursday morning and continue until all streets are cleared which is expected to be by noon on Thursday.
Motorists are encouraged to stay alert and drive carefully during these snow events and give the plow drivers plenty of room to do their job. Thank you in advance for your patience!