For Immediate Release
May 20, 2020
Contact: Laura Blair Johnson
Public Information Officer
City of Red Wing
Solid Waste Campus
Phased Opening of Waste Campus for Garbage, Yard Waste & Brush Disposal
(May 20, 2020, Red Wing, Minn.) The Red Wing City Council approved a phased resumption of Waste and Recycling services at the Red Wing Waste Campus effective Thursday, May 21, 2020. This reopening of services will apply to the disposal of garbage, furniture, electronics, yard waste, and brush disposal. For questions related to the services, please contact the Waste Campus at 651.385.3658
MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED
FOR ALL CUSTOMERS FOR ALL BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
(If you do not have a mask, we will provide one at no charge)
The following is a list of measures set forth to ensure the health and well-being of City staff and the public:
Waste Disposal & Recycling Drop-Off Hours & Services
- Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 am -5:00 pm and Saturday from 7:00 am-1:00 pm.
- This resumption of services applies to the following materials:
- Garbage or construction and demolition material disposal or drop-off
- Recyclable material drop-off
- Compost purchases (loading by City staff unavailable at this time)
- Wood chips (loading by City staff unavailable at this time)
- Electronics, appliance, or furniture disposal
- Barriers to restrict access to yard waste and brush disposal will be in place from the northeast corner of the Administration Office over to the fuel tank area directly to the northeast to limit access to the compost and brush drop-off area only.
Staff Welfare & Safety
- Visitors conducting business transactions must wear a face mask; if one is not available, the City will provide one.
- Staff will maintain a six-foot social distancing space between themselves and all customers.
- Staff attending the entrance area will be provided with facemask and gloves and may wait inside a City vehicle to attend to customers.
- Staff won’t be allowed to assist customers in removing yard waste or brush from the customers’ vehicles or trailers.
- Staff operating heavy machinery to maintain areas will be expected to stay inside the equipment unless there is a need to remove something from the compost row.
This limited expansion of service will continue until all services are restored by order of the City Council.
The City of Red Wing is dedicated to the ongoing health and well-being of its residents. With its tradition of growth, stability, and innovation, city leadership continues to maintain a proactive approach and a firm commitment to businesses, history, natural resources, and, most importantly, the Red Wing community.