Red Wing Solid Waste Facility
Reconstruction Project #17206
Report Date: 12/10/2019
The reconstruction of the buildings at the Solid Waste Facility that were lost to fire in June of 2017 continues.
During the week of December 2 through December 6. . .
- LS Black prepped and poured concrete for exterior bollards in front of the building and modified the poly enclosure over the west door opening. They also moved materials in preparation for snowfall.
- Parker installing electrical connections in the Mezzanine area and for door operators on the east side of the building.
- Ryan installing water lines in the maintenance/parts area to hose bibs.
- Neufeldt prepping grade beams in the maintenance/parts area.
- Pinnacle finishing remaining wall framing and drywall installation, rocked walls around the shower, and worked on framing around the hopper.
- CPMI met with the Building Official and Fire Marshall to obtain a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy in the conveyors, access area, and RDF loadout area. This was granted.
A reminder to our customers and visitors – the construction zone is located in areas of the Waste Campus that have been typically accessible to customers. Signs have been installed to provide direction. All customers and visitors are asked to stop in the office before proceeding further into the Campus.