Red Wing Solid Waste Facility
Reconstruction Project #17206
Report Date: 10/07/2019
The reconstruction of the buildings at the Solid Waste Facility that were lost to fire in June of 2017 continues.
During the weeks of September 30 through October 4, 2019 . . .
- LS Black continued layout and formwork for the north ramp, stair, and inner grade beams at the north stair, west stoops, and curb.
- LS Black hanging doors and installing hardware.
- Ironworkers installed the roof over Building #2 with temporary poly protection until the weather clears.
- Ironworkers removed existing panels on “F" line and started prepping for liner panels at Grid E.
- Ironworkers installing liner panels on the upper wall in Maintenance/Parts area and metal panels on RDF Loadout.
- Pinnacle prepping for drywall installation along the wall of Grid E.
- Sylvander installing the ductwork and refrigeration line at Admin area.
- Sylvander began installing the frame for and louvers in Tip Floor area.
- ESCI continued installing low-voltage pipe rough-in throughout.
- Parker Electric installing electrical components throughout as needed.
- Parker Electric installing a low-voltage fire system at Maintenance-Parts.
- Ryan installing waste pipe in Admin area.
A reminder to our customers and visitors – the construction zone is located in areas of the Waste Campus that have been typically accessible to customers. Signs have been installed to provide direction. All customers and visitors are asked to stop in the office before proceeding further into the Campus.