Red Wing Solid Waste Facility
Reconstruction Project #17206
Report Date: 09/30/2019
The reconstruction of the buildings at the Solid Waste Facility that were lost to fire in June of 2017 continues.
During the week of September 23 through September 27, 2019 . . .
- LS Black continued layout and formwork for north ramp and stair and begin prepping east concrete apron.
- LS Black hanging doors and installing hardware in Admin area, RDF Loadout area, and Tip Floor.
- LS Black poured concrete at upper landing and stairs and installed plumbing for lower landing.
- LS Black poured concrete at two aprons near east doors.
- Bolander excavated and prepped subgrade for concrete aprons.
- Bolander spreading class 5 to subgrade.
- Ironworkers installing insulation throughout and detailing west facia.
- Ironworkers installing exterior panels at north and west elevation.
- Ironworkers completed translucent panels at north elevation. Working on framework/detail for roof installation at Building #2.
- Ironworkers installing purlins at Building #3 for the roof.
- Sylvander installing ductwork at Admin area.
- Parker Electric installing light fixtures at Recyclables Loadout area.
- Parker Electric installing electrical components throughout as needed.
- Parker Electric installing a low voltage fire system at Maintenance-Parts.
A reminder to our customers and visitors – the construction zone is located in areas of the Waste Campus that have been typically accessible to customers. Signs have been installed to provide direction. All customers and visitors are asked to stop in the office before proceeding further into the Campus.