Red Wing Solid Waste Facility
Reconstruction Project #17206
Report Date: 05/21/2019
The reconstruction of the buildings at the Solid Waste Facility that were lost to fire in June of 2017 continues.
During the week of May 20 through May 31, 2019 . . .
- Advanced the remaining piles at the recycle area and welded the caps on.
- Started layout for underground rough-in in the NW corner.
- Started forming for grade beams at the recycling area.
- Began forming for the Tipping floor wall.
- Began excavating at the RDF loadout area.
- Poured concrete for the north footings of the recycle loadout area.
- Took delivery of steel beams for the building.
A reminder to our customers and visitors – the construction zone is located in areas of the Solid Waste Campus that have been typically accessible to customers. Signs have been installed to provide direction. All customers and visitors are asked to stop in the office before proceeding further into the Campus.