Ready, Set, Red Wing!
Ready, Set, Red Wing! is a collaborative effort between local organizations and the City of Red Wing to provide residents with ways to get involved with all that our community has to offer, whether that’s exploring the great outdoors or the local art scene, in safer, socially-distanced ways.
- At YMCA Camp Pepin, they seek to inspire our Campers to see how amazing our world truly is. Their Campers have the opportunity to experience carefully crafted itineraries, small groups, and attentive, caring leaders. From paddling to sailing, target sports, and arts and crafts, their adventures are sure to help your Camper discover a whole new world while sharing in the fun of new friendships with amazing leadership.
- The Red Wing Environmental Learning Center is a nonprofit organization that provides outdoor programs for Red Wing youth and the community to gain an appreciation for our natural world, develops skills for outdoor recreation, and encourages leadership development.
- Established in 2012, FOTB’s mission is to increase the enjoyment, promotion, and stewardship of Red Wing’s bluffs. Those include Barn Bluff, Sorin’s Bluff (Memorial Park), and the Billings-Tomfohr Conservation Area.
- Red Wing Area Mountain Bike Organization (R.A.M.B.O) is a group of local mountain bike enthusiasts that work towards the common goal of creating enjoyable and sustainable mountain bike trails.
- Get ready for a summer outdoors with the Red Wing Park Naturalist Program! From hiking local trails to getting a closer look at the wonders of nature right outside your front door, explore programs for every age and adventure level.
- For 25 years, the Anderson Center has supported art and ideas at the Tower View Historic Site. Inspired by the Anderson Family’s history of innovation, patronage of the arts, and support for the local community, they continue to live these values in Red Wing.
- ArtReach has been promoting creativity and providing quality visual arts opportunities for people of all ages and abilities in Red Wing for over 20 years! This summer, ArtReach will help you get creative and encourage you to make art through online art prompts and videos, grab-and-go art supply kits, and carefully managed in-person classes.
- The Goodhue County Historical Society serves as the steward for our county history by collecting, preserving, and promoting the natural and cultural history of Goodhue County through education and outreach.
- Their mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals and the community through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body. By nurturing the potential of every child and teen, improving health and well-being, and supporting and serving our neighbors, the Y ensures that everyone has the opportunity to become healthier, more confident, connected, and secure.
- Community Education opens the door of education by providing comprehensive life-long learning and enrichment opportunities for all ages. Programs are designed to offer diverse opportunities to learn new skills, meet new people, and just have fun!
- The Red Wing Public Library is committed to providing for the lifelong learning and information service needs of the community. We offer a wide variety of materials and resources, from books and print material for all ages to reading programs and digital platforms like Kanopy.
- 4-H is one of the largest youth development organizations in Minnesota and the largest in the nation with six million young people. With more than 750 youth members and 200 adult volunteers, 4-H in Goodhue County is ranked one of the largest county 4-H programs in Minnesota. 4-H, as part of the University of Minnesota Extension, is a program where youth learn through opportunities that provide them hands-on experiences in 4-H’s mission mandates of science, engineering and technology; healthy living; and citizenship. The program promotes life skills using your head, heart, hands, and health. 4-H has connected youth and their communities with the innovative research and resources from our nation’s 106 land-grant universities and colleges for more than 100 years.
- Boy Scouts of America serves young men and women in every part of the country through nearly 300 local council service centers. Each Council helps chartered organizations in its geographic area to effectively use the Scouting program and to expand the use of the program to other community groups.
- At Girl Scouts, they seek to instill in girls the fundamental values of respect for all, inclusivity, equity, and the belief that injustice anywhere is a slight to justice everywhere.
- Looking for some bridge-related fun to do at home? The Red Wing Bridge Project offers kid-friendly activities for the whole family. Snap some photos of your family working on these activities and share them with the project team! They want to see your creativity and who knows, you might see your photo on our Facebook page or out in the community later this year.
- Do you want to get more involved in what goes on in our city? Consider joining one of 14 boards and commissions!
Bike Night with RAMBO
- Thursday evenings during the summer.
- Explore Red Wing--virtually!
Hiking and Walking Trails
- BTCA Hiking Trails (PDF)
- Cannon Valley Trail
- Goodhue Pioneer Trail
- He Mni Can-Barn Bluff Hiking Trails (PDF)
- Memorial Park Hiking Trails (PDF)