Proposed Rental License Program
WHY? So every tenant has a safe and healthy place to live.
Red Wing is committed to ensuring a healthy place to live for everyone, and the Red Wing 2040 Community Plan Strategy 8.C.1. calls for Red Wing to implement a Rental License Program that will help accomplish that goal. We’re looking for your thoughts and feedback during this planning process. The program is proposed to start in early 2022.
Tenants: Do you have a home safety concern right now?
Call our City of Red Wing inspections department at 651-385-3623. We may be able to assist.
Give Your Feedback to Council Members:
To connect with your Council members and Mayor at any time, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule & Documents
July 12, 2021: Council Public Hearing and Introduction of the Ordinance: The public will be able to address the Council directly during the Monday, July 12, 2021, City Council meeting held in the City Hall Council Chambers. Council will listen to community members and consider an introduction of the ordinance (law). The ordinance must have two readings before it can be enacted.
Community members can also contact their Council and Mayor at any time at email@example.com. In addition, the public is welcome to attend the June 28, 2021, Council meeting at 6 p.m. to give feedback to Council members on this issue during public comment.
What’s Happened So Far: Meetings, Materials, and Recordings
- On June 14, 2021, staff presented the updated program basics and Council listened to public input. View the meeting segment and read the full report.
- On May 20, 2021, staff held a virtual public meeting. View the meeting. You'll find all meeting materials under the "Draft Plans 2021" section listed above.
- On April 26, 2021, staff provided a brief overview at the Council meeting. View the meeting portion here or read the summary materials here.
- On March 24, 2021, City Council held a workshop to discuss key elements of the program. The virtual meeting was open to the public. View the meeting here. You can also read the minutes and meeting materials.
- On November 10, 2020, City Council held a workshop to review tenant survey results and discuss more details for the proposed program. The virtual meeting was open to the public. View the meeting here. You can also read the minutes and meeting materials.
- The week of October 14, 2020, flyers and surveys were sent to all Red Wing tenants. Read the survey report.