Proposed Rental License Program
WHY? So every tenant has a safe and healthy place to live.
Red Wing is committed to ensuring a healthy place to live for everyone, and the Red Wing 2040 Community Plan Strategy 8.C.1. calls for Red Wing to implement a Rental License Program that will help accomplish that goal. We’re looking for your thoughts and feedback during this planning process. The program is proposed to start in 2021.
Tenants: Do you have a home safety concern right now?
Call our City of Red Wing inspections department at 651-385-3623. We may be able to assist.
What’s Happened So Far
- A November 10, 2020 City Council Workshop was held for Council members to review tenant survey results and discuss more details for the proposed program. The virtual meeting was open to the public. View the meeting here. You can also read meeting materials.
- Flyers and surveys were sent to all Red Wing tenants the week of October 14. Read the survey report here.
- Council approved a tentative timeline and process. Read the report. This timeline has now been extended due to the Covid-19 pandemic and related safety issues.
- Community members attended a public meeting in early March 2020 at the Public Library. See the summary of concerns.
- Plans are being made for small-group virtual meetings with owners, tenants, and neighbors. If you wish to join one of these groups, please email your contact information or call 651-212-3812.