Ikata Exchange Program
If you are a student or a chaperone that is interested in being part of this exchange program, please fill out, review and submit the following applications:
- Student Ikata Exchange Program Application (PDF) - Online Application (Closed)
- Chaperone Ikata Exchange Program Application (PDF) - Online Application (Closed)
Chaperone & Student Application Process
- Chaperone Applications will be accepted until November 9th, 2018, at 4:30 PM (Closed)
- Student Applications will be accepted until December 7, 2018, at 4:30 PM.
- Additional funding could be available to the students through the grant application process and fundraising efforts of the selected students and chaperone.
- The Sister Cities Commission will be approving a chaperone at their November 28 meeting.
- The Sister Cities Commission typically provides scholarship funds for the chaperone and students traveling to Ikata. The amount varies each year based on the budget.
- All "complete" applications submitted will be reviewed by the commission and applicants will be contacted by email or telephone to set up a time to interview with an assembled panel in November or December.
Application Submission Instructions
Please apply online or return the application as a PDF file to the Sister Cities Staff Liaison Lisa Acker. You can drop off your completed paper application in person at the Community Development building located at:
419 Bush Street
Red Wing, MN 55066
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Ikata & Red Wing Come Together
The purpose of the blog is to provide information to students and host families participating in our summer exchange program. Posts will be uploaded in English and Japanese; it also provides links to:
- Ikata Town website
- Ikata / Red Wing Facebook Page
- Ikata Wiki page
Red Wing Sister Cities is now on Facebook.
- View the Sister Cities Facebook page.