Fall Yard Waste Cleanup Event
Residents can dispose of grass, leaves and compostable or organic yard waste year-round free of charge.
Residents may also dispose of brush at the brush and compost site at the Waste Campus, located at 1873 Bench Street for a charge. However, these charges are waived for residents during the 2020 fall clean-up event from September 19 through November 7, 2020. During this time, Red Wing residents may dispose of brush and shrub trimmings free of charge. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following is a listing of measures set forth to ensure the health and well-being of City Staff and the Public:
MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED
FOR ALL CUSTOMERS FOR ALL BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
(If you do not have a mask, we will provide one at no charge)
The following is a listing of measures set forth to ensure the health and well-being of City staff and the public:
Waste Disposal & Recycling Drop-Off Services
- This resumption of services applies to the following materials:
- Garbage or construction and demolition material disposal or drop-off
- Recyclable material drop-off
- Compost purchases (loading by City staff unavailable at this time)
- Wood chips (loading by City staff unavailable at this time)
- Electronics, appliance, or furniture disposal
- Barriers to restrict access to yard waste & brush disposal will be set out from the northeast corner of the Administration Office over to the fuel tank area directly to the northeast to limit access to the compost and brush drop-off area only.
Staff Welfare & Safety
- Visitors conducting business transactions must wear a face mask; if one is not available, the City will provide one.
- Staff will maintain a six-foot social distancing space between themselves and all customers.
- Staff attending the entrance area will be provided with facemask and gloves and may wait inside a City vehicle to attend to customers.
- Staff won’t be allowed to assist customers in removing yard waste or brush from the customers’ vehicles or trailers.
- Staff operating heavy machinery to maintain areas will be expected to stay inside the equipment unless there is a need to remove something from the compost row.
The hours for the Bench Street compost and yard waste site are:
Tuesday and Thursday
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Special bags are not necessary to dispose of materials at this site, as all materials must be emptied from the containers in which they are brought. After November 7, 2020, regular rates for disposal of brush will apply.
For more information, contact the Waste Campus at 651.385.3658.
Please note: residents may opt to rent a roll-off dumpster for their spring yard waste at a reduced rate from September 19 through November 7, 2020. Roll-off dumpsters rented at the reduced rate may only be used for brush, trees, flowers, grass, leaves, and other compostable yard waste. Contact the Waste Campus for pricing and availability.