About the Airport
Red Wing Regional Airport
The Red Wing Regional Airport is located in Wisconsin’s Mississippi Valley about five miles from Red Wing. The airport is owned and operated by the City of Red Wing.
The terminal has:
- 24-hour restrooms
- Automated weather reporting systems
- Flight planning room with direct lines to the Federal Aviation Administration Flight Service Station
- Pilots lounge
- Snack area with vending machines
- Small conference room appropriate for meetings of up to ten people
A courtesy car is available on a first-come/first-served basis and catering service is available upon request. Fixed Base Operator, Blue Airways, Incorporated can be reached by phone at 715-594-3999. It provides complete aircraft maintenance and hangar service, 100 Low Lead and jet fuel, and assistance with catering, transportation, and other arrangements.
Specialized Repairs & Services
Other commercial fixed base operators at the airport offer a variety of specialized repairs and services for aircraft as well as flight training. The City of Red Wing Minimum Standards for Commercial Operators regulates service providers at the airport.
Approaches & Runways
The Red Wing Regional Airport is an all-weather airport with full Instrument Landing System (ILS) and Global Positioning System (GPS) approaches. The east to west runway is 5,010 feet long by 100 feet wide. The runways are rated for 30,000-pound single wheel and 75,000-pound dual wheel aircraft, which is suitable for most corporate aircraft.
Hangar lots can be leased from the City of Red Wing by calling:
- Blue Airways at 715-594-3999
- Public Works Department at 651-385-3674
- Red Wing Regional Airport at 715-594-3701
View the 2008 Airport Narrative Report.