- City Departments
- City Clerk
- City Documents
City Council Meeting Minutes are the official record of Council proceedings and are only available on this site after they have been approved by City Council.
Resolutions are written documentation for any council action of a temporary, routine or administrative nature. These documents and more can be found through Red Wing's LaserFiche system.
The city of Red Wing uses Laserfiche as its electronic document imaging system specifically geared toward records management. Many cities use the software to store and preserve old and current documents.
The city of Red Wing follows a General Records Retention Schedule adopted September 12, 1994. The retention schedule follows city, state and federal regulations on saving and destroying documents.
The city of Red Wing also utilizes Laserfiche as a means for the public to easily access old and new information.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to search for a council agenda in Laserfiche. Ensure your browser is connecting to the 8.0 version (Laserfiche recently upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0. Your browser may have bookmarked the old version). A "help" tab is located at the top right of the page.
For more information or help, please contact the City Clerk's office at 385-3692.
Viewing City Council Meeting Agendas
To view past and current City Council Meeting agenda's, follow the below instructions:
- Visit the Laserfiche page.
- Click on "City Council."
- Click on "Council Agendas."
- Click on "2010."
- Click on "20100111."
Folders are sorted by dates. For example, 20100111 contains information on the January 11, 2010 council meeting.
You cannot search within an open document in the Laserfiche .PNG file view.
- To search within a document, export to a PDF (click on the PDF tab on the tool bar).
- It will ask "pages to print", select download and print (don't worry, the document will not print, it will open as a PDF).
- If it doesn't open as a PDF, be sure your browser is enabled to "accept pop-ups."
- If over 75 pages, a message may appear saying print only the first 75 pages will print. Click ok.
- To search within the first 75 pages, press at the same time "Ctrl" and "F."
- If what you want is not contained in the first 75 pages, go back to the Laserfiche view, click on the PDF tab, select download and print and type in pages numbers to view. For the second round, type in 76 to 151 and so on. Repeat if necessary.
- You can also search using the "Search" box at the top of the page.