Licenses & Permits
Building and Zoning Permits
Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Demolition Permits
- Apply online or print out copies to submit by fax through the Building Permit Applications, Fees & Inspections page. All issued permits will be emailed to you if an email address is provided or mailed out.
- General questions regarding these permits can be directed to 651.385.3623 or or send building permit questions by email.
Fence, Sign, and Other Zoning Permits
- Apply online or print out copies to submit by fax or email through the Planning Applications, Fees, & Permits page. If you need to speak to the Planning Manager, you can contact him directly at 651.385.3622.
Permits and Applications to Use Public Property
The City has a number of permits and applications that provide for various types of use of public property and street right-of-way (ROW). If you need a permit to work in the city street right-of-way or other public property for a construction or utility project, visit the Permits, Applications & Fees page to access these forms.
- Application to work in the city right-of-way
- Private Use of Public Property (PUPP) – construction projects
- Utility permit application
- Utility annual registration
The City has a number of permits and applications that provide for various types of use of public property and street right-of-way (ROW). If you need to reserve a park shelter or pavilion or you need to use public property or street right-of-way for a planned event, visit the Reservation & Event Application Forms page to access these forms:
- Facility Use Request for park pavilion and shelters
- Private Use of Public Property (PUPP) – events
The City has a number of permits and applications that provide for various types of use of public property and street right-of-way (ROW). The Arts & Culture Commission was established to encourage placemaking and public art by making it easier for groups and individuals to navigate the approval process. If you have an interest in public art or placemaking on city property or street right-of-way, use the following link:
Other Licenses and Permits
- Burn Permits, Food Wagon Licenses, Sidewalk Café Licenses, Solicitor's Registration, Tobacco License, Etc.
Licenses and permits listed below can be obtained through the Permits and License Manager. Many of the applications listed are available online and can be accessed with a click.
These applications have been designed to be completed on a computer. They can be completed from a tablet or mobile device, but you may encounter formatting issues.
City Code requires that all cats and dogs within Red Wing be licensed and registered with the Goodhue County Humane Society, located at:
Goodhue County Humane Society
1213 Brick Avenue
Red Wing, MN 55066
Please call if you have questions regarding: