- City Departments
- Fire & Emergency Medical
Fire & Emergency Medical Services
Red Wing Fire Department is committed to helping anyone in need, providing exceptional fire suppression, advanced medical care, technical rescue, disaster management, fire prevention and public education. We are focused on operational readiness, department unity, professionalism and community engagement.
The Red Wing Fire Department is committed to serving with pride and professionalism in all we do and will hold ourselves accountable to these values.
- We value having pride in our organization, the level of service we provide and our community.
- We value the public's trust and are committed to honest and ethical behavior
- We value the role each member plays in our organization. We respect those that came before us and will strive to make the organization better for those who follow.
- We value our commitment to excellence in everything we do.
- We value leadership, teamwork, innovation, labor-management collaboration, and respect in our organization.
- We value the social good in what we do as an organization and as individuals.
- We value our commitment to providing effective and responsive means of communication throughout the organization and community.
Red Wing Fire Department
The Red Wing Fire Department is a combination fire department staffed by 28 full-time Firefighter/Paramedics and up to 30 Paid on Call firefighters. Personnel are on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide an immediate response to fire and emergency medical incidents of all types.
In addition to performing the fire suppression activities typically associated with a fire department, the Red Wing Fire Department provides advanced life support (paramedic) ambulance services for the city of Red Wing and the surrounding communities.
Additional services provided by the Red Wing Fire Department include:
- fire code enforcement and interpretation
- fire inspections
- fire investigations
- fire sprinkler and alarm plan review
- pre-fire planning
- fire and EMS public education
The Red Wing Fire Department also responds to
- auto extrication
- hazardous materials incidents,
- ice rescue incidents
- marina and boat fires
- radiological emergencies high angle rope rescue
Each year the Red Wing Fire Department responds to over 3,400 calls for service.