Red Wing Solid Waste Facility
Reconstruction Project #17206
Report Date: 09/16/2019
The reconstruction of the buildings at the Solid Waste Facility that were lost to fire in June of 2017 continues.
During the weeks of September 9 through September 13, 2019 . . .
- LS Black continued stripping formwork at RDF Loadout retaining walls and began core drilling holes at Recyclables Loadout.
- LS Black continued removing metal studs from Riser Room.
- LS Black continued relocating and compiling material/equipment at fence area.
- Bolander onsite to backfill and compact RDF Loadout; began work at Recyclables Loadout.
- Bolander hauled in Class 5, backfilled and compacted at the RDF Loadout, and began spreading sand at the exterior of the Recyclables Loadout.
- Bolander utility crew began digging the west side of the building for manhole installation and utility piping. Survey crew doing a new layout.
- Bolander continued installing storm pipe to the east along with manholes and started grouting additional openings. They installed geogrid and Class 5 at Recyclables Loadout. Began removing asphalt within fence lay-down area
- Ironworkers continued prepping install at west elevation. Relocated windows for restrooms and other minor detail work throughout.
- Ironworkers setting steel at RDF Loadout.
- Fireline Sprinkler continued conduit runs at the ceiling.
- Fireline Sprinkler installing FDC from Riser Room to the north end of the building.
- Parker Electric continued installing light fixtures in the Tipping Floor area and conduit runs in the ceiling.
- Parker Electric installing conduit runs within stud framing at the Admin area.
A reminder to our customers and visitors – the construction zone is located in areas of the Waste Campus that have been typically accessible to customers. Signs have been installed to provide direction. All customers and visitors are asked to stop in the office before proceeding further into the Campus.