Red Wing Solid Waste Facility
Reconstruction Project #17206
Report Date: 08/12/2019
The reconstruction of the buildings at the Solid Waste Facility that were lost to fire in June of 2017 continues.
During the week of August 5 through August 10, 2019 . . .
- Contractor started forming recyclables ramp walls and getting rebar placed. Continued stripped formwork from the Recyclables Ramp walls.
- Contractor poured concrete at the north and south recyclables ramp as well as a slab at the south.
- Iron workers continued installing steel at the east half of the Recyclables Loadout and began removing metal panels along the F line.
- Iron workers focused on detail work at the north elevation to begin exterior panel installation. They began installing translucent panels and panels near the Admin area.
- Iron workers removed purlins to allow set up of a crane to prepare for installation of Conveyors 1 & 2
A reminder to our customers and visitors – the construction zone is located in areas of the Solid Waste Campus that have been typically accessible to customers. Signs have been installed to provide direction. All customers and visitors are asked to stop in the office before proceeding further into the Campus.