Red Wing Solid Waste Facility
Reconstruction Project #17206
Report Date: 07/15/2019
The reconstruction of the buildings at the Solid Waste Facility that were lost to fire in June of 2017 continues.
During the week of July 8 through July 14, 2019 . . .
- Contractor formed grade beams at the RDF loadout, poured concrete at grid .55, and partial grade beams at RDF loadout
- Iron workers installing rebar at recyclables loadout and along Grid .55, drilling/setting anchor bolts, staging steel columns, began erecting steel columns, beams, and purlins along grid A.
- Masons removed the upper portion of the CMU conveyor wall
- Saw cutters onsite cutting block walls for the masons and removing the exposed grade beam long recyclables loadout floor
- Contractor began backfilling material onto poured grade beams
A reminder to our customers and visitors – the construction zone is located in areas of the Solid Waste Campus that have been typically accessible to customers. Signs have been installed to provide direction. All customers and visitors are asked to stop in the office before proceeding further into the Campus.