Rental License Program
WHY? So every tenant has a safe and healthy place to live.
Red Wing is committed to making sure every tenant has a safe and healthy place to live. The program starts January 1, 2022.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Landlords: Register Now
Please register all the properties you rent out as residential housing units in the City of Red Wing.
All registered landlords and property owners will receive a temporary license form and a license fee payment request by December 1, 2021.
Do you have a home safety concern right now? Call our City of Red Wing inspections department at 651-385-3623. Our inspectors may be able to assist.
Landlord & Tenant Rent Assistance
Landlords and Tenants Rights and Responsibilities
Manufactured Home Parks Handbook
Schedule & Documents
What’s Happened So Far: Meetings, Materials, and Recordings
- On August 9, 2021, City Council adopted Ordinance No. 166, officially establishing the Rental License Program. View the meeting segment and read the full report.
- On July 26, 2021, City Council held a public hearing and listened to the public. Council then unanimously approved a first reading (an introduction) of the ordinance (law). View the meeting segment and read the full report.
- On June 14, 2021, staff presented the updated program basics and Council listened to public input. View the meeting segment and read the full report.
- On May 20, 2021, staff held a virtual public meeting. View the meeting.
- On April 26, 2021, staff provided a brief overview at the Council meeting. View the meeting portion here or read the summary materials here.
- On March 24, 2021, City Council held a workshop to discuss key elements of the program. The virtual meeting was open to the public. View the meeting here. You can also read the minutes and meeting materials.
- On November 10, 2020, City Council held a workshop to review tenant survey results and discuss more details for the proposed program. The virtual meeting was open to the public. View the meeting here. You can also read the minutes and meeting materials.
- The week of October 14, 2020, flyers and surveys were sent to all Red Wing tenants. Read the survey report.