Solid Waste Campus
The Red Wing City Council approved a phased resumption of Waste and Recycling services at the Red Wing Waste Campus effective Thursday, May 21, 2020. This reopening of services will apply to the disposal of garbage, furniture, electronics, yard waste, and brush disposal. For questions related to the services, please contact the Waste Campus at 651.385.3658
MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED
FOR ALL CUSTOMERS FOR ALL BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
(If you do not have a mask, we will provide one at no charge)
The following is a listing of measures set forth to ensure the health and well-being of City staff and the public:
Waste Disposal & Recycling Drop-off Services
- This resumption of services applies to the following materials:
- Garbage or construction and demolition material disposal or drop-off
- Recyclable material drop-off
- Compost purchases (loading by City staff unavailable at this time)
- Wood chips (loading by City staff unavailable at this time)
- Electronics, appliance, or furniture disposal
Staff Welfare & Safety
- Visitors conducting business transactions must wear a face mask; if one is not available, the City will provide one.
- Staff will maintain a six-foot social distancing space between themselves and all customers.
- Staff attending the entrance area will be provided with facemask and gloves and may wait inside a City vehicle to attend to customers.
- Staff won’t be allowed to assist customers in removing yard waste or brush from the customers’ vehicles or trailers.
- Staff operating heavy machinery to maintain areas will be expected to stay inside the equipment unless there is a need to remove something from the compost row.
This limited expansion of service will continue until all services are restored by order of the City Council.
What Can I Bring to the Campus?
- Burnable Waste, such as:
- Dirty cardboard
- Household trash
- Thin plastics
- Non-Burnable Waste, such as:
- Heavy plastic toys
- Treated woods
- Vinyl siding
- Scrap Metal, such as:
- Light fixtures
- Metal chairs
- Metal doors
- Metal shelving
- Steel siding
- Wood Waste, including clean dimensional lumber, plywood, wainscoting, painted/stained wood, wood furniture, etc.;
- Clean Concrete, clean brick, asphalt (no metals or rebar);
- Upholstered Furniture, including:
- Box springs
- Electronics, including:
- Appliances, such as:
- Automotive Waste, including
- Bike tires
- Car batteries
- Car tires
- Small utility tires
- Tractor tires
- Confidential Waste, confidential items to be shredded;
- Other Items, such as small fiberglass boats, hot tubs, hot tub covers;
- Lawn and Garden Debris, organic compostable debris such as grass, leaves, and plants;
- Tree and Shrub Debris, including:
- Anything with a wood stalk (sorry, we can not accept stumps)
- Tree logs
- Tree branches
Applicable Fees Apply for All Waste Brought to This Facility.
What Can't I Bring to the Campus?
- Fluorescent Lightbulbs of any kind.
- Hazardous Waste