Eligibility requirements include:
- Citizen of the United States
- At least 18 years old on Election Day
- A Minnesota resident for at least 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
- Not under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked voting rights
- Cannot be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony
- Not found legally incompetent by a court of law
College students may register to vote at either their home address or college address, whichever is considered their residence. However, students may only register and vote at one location in any election.
Students Voting by Absentee Ballot
If the home address is considered residency, but they cannot make it home on election day, students can vote by absentee ballot.